Sunday, July 15, 2007

Baked Pasta & Watermelon-Champagne Cocktails

OK, I know this isn't a cooking blog. But I love food and it can be difficult to make good meals when you don't want to spend a lot of money. So I will be including good & inexpensive meals I come across.

The other day my parents came over for dinner with Cory and me. I made baked pasta comprised of 2 boxes pasta, 2 jars pasta sauce, a bag of frozen broccoli, 2 bags of italian cheese, an onion and 4 hot Italian sausages. Total price was $13.50 for 10 servings. Leftovers! Sorry I forgot to take a picture.

Of course, I balanced out the savings with a nice cocktail! Puree the watermelon in a blender, and mix one part watermelon puree with one part champagne. Delicious and summery!

Since I used cheap champagne (technically sparkling wine, $5/bottle), the total cost was $10. This used less than half the watermelon, so we have the rest to eat too!

No comments: