I used to love playing crazy eights as a kid. Actually, I still love it. Never mind the kid part. I like to hoard the eights and draw and draw from the deck so when I defiantly say "one card!" I get to watch my opponents scramble to change the suit so I can't win when it's my turn again. Then I can triumphantly throw down my eight and do a banging victory dance. Man, do I love winning!
So when Suburban Wife at Daily Dollar Diary tagged me for the Crazy Eights Meme, the first thing I thought was cool! Yay me! The second thing was... uh, what's a meme? Turns out I'm some part of cultural evolution. Woot.
8 Things I'm Passionate About:
1. My husband
2. My family
3. My kittens
4. Personal finance, especially our debt payoff. Although "psychotic" might describe it better.
5. My home
6. The Caribbean
7. Improving myself
8. My future
8 Things I Say Often
1. Loveyoubye. This is how I end phone calls with my husband, mom, dad, sister and brother.
2. NoooOOOOOoooo. One of the kittens is still testing the boundaries of my sanity.
3. Want to snuggle? I haven't turned the heat on in my house yet. :)
4. Hello, this is Jessica - this is how I answer the phone.
5. Bedtime for Bonzos
6. Miscellaneous quotes from Will Farrell movies
7. That'll move the chains!
8. Giggity giggity giggity
8 Books I've Read Recently
2. The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous and Broke
3. P.S. I Love You
4. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
5. Something by Nora Roberts, I'm sure
6. Confessions of a Shopaholic
7. Rich Couples Finish First
8. Pay it Down
8 Things I Want to Do Before I Die
1. Be married for 100 years. 1 down, 99 to go.
2. Travel to Europe
3. Visit all 50 States
4. Live in the Caribbean
5. Write a Book
6. Have children and grandchildren and great grandchildren
7. Travel to Australia
8. Build our forever house
8 Songs I Can Listen to Over and Over
1. Everything I Do - Bryan Adams
2. Unbroken - Tim McGraw
3. The Wonder of You - Elvis Presley
4. Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond
5. Stronger - Kayne West
6. The Moulin Rouge Soundtrack
7. I Can't Get Next to You - The Temptations
8. Benny Lava - ok, maybe not over and over. Or politically correct.
8 Things the Attract me to My Friends
2. Sense of Humor
4. Lack of Drama
5. Ability to have a conversation
6. Intelligence & Common Sense
8. Extra tickets to the Red Sox, Pats, concerts, etc. (see #2)
8 Things I Learned in the Past Year
1. How to create and stick to a budget
2. How to win arguments/confrontations (not that I win them all, but my record is improving)
3. Which battles are worth fighting
4. How to sleep alone in my house. Hint: it involves a sleep timer on my TV.
5. That often you only get what you want if you ask for it.
6. DVR makes my life better.
7. How to swallow my pride
8. To be a better judge of character
Wow, that took me a long time. Gone are my plans for more relevant blog posting tonight :). I'm just going to convince myself that you all really wanted to know that information about me.
I'm going to tag a few people so we can culturally evolve together, but if anyone reading this wants to throw their hat in the ring, feel free! Just link to it in the comments so I can read your answers too!