Monday, September 10, 2007

I love grocery shopping even more than ever

I am rocking the grocery shopping in September. We're 10 days in and I have only spent about $66. Since I go shopping for the week on Sunday, I have enough food to last me through the 14th or 15th. On $66.

I know, there are a ton of reasons why things are so far under budget. My husband was away on business the whole first week of September. I've eaten a few meals at my parent's house. I pulled things out of the freezer. I tend to cook less for one, so I've been eating simple pasta meals or sandwiches recently.

I was kind of expecting this week to cost more, though. I made a list almost haphazardly, figuring I already had some extra money to play with. I didn't even stick to my list. I did buy meat on sale and stay away from the processed foods, but still.

So now I am going to try to see how much under budget I can make it. I am shooting for $100 under budget. We did incur additional travel expenses when my husband was away, so this would even it out. Or maybe I'll put it aside to save for Christmas shopping. We'll see where the debt payoff is at the end of the month.

No comments: