Thursday, August 9, 2007

Cheap Date #2 - Hanging with the Fishys

While that phrase brings to mind someone who can't hold their alcohol, it's one of my biggest challenges. I love trying to find cool, interesting things to do with my husband that don't cost a lot. Bonus points if they don't cost anything!

Inspired by this article, I have a goal of coming up with 20 dates for $20 or less. As it will be challenging enough, I am including this date I already posted as date #1. On a side note, I am not counting gas into my calculations. Everything else will be included.

Onto cheap date #2! This Saturday, we went to the New England Aquarium. Regular admission is $18.95/person. However, my library offers free passes to residents! (Many libraries offer passes to museums and parks; check yours!) All we had to pay was parking.

Unfortunately, this was our demise. We passed 2 garages for $14 and $15 all day parking, but were a little bit lost and parked in the closest garage, for $32. Yowza! I know, I know, this passes the $20 limit, but I still count this date because it can be done for less than $20. We just made the mistake so nobody else has to. Onto the pictures:

Los penguinos

Jelly, whoa


Sea Star and a white lobster


This turtle was HUGE:

1 comment:

SecretlyEloped said...

Funny you posted this! A friend of mine asked me the other day if I had any ideas for cheap dates. I told her the science museum and I rambled off a few other corny thing - things that my HH would never do with me, lol. I'll keep my eye out to see what else you can come up with. :)