Monday, October 15, 2007

Go Green to Save Green

Today is Blog Action day, where bloggers worldwide post about the environment to raise awareness about the environment. To participate, here are the ways I go green that also saves us money!

  • Use less water. We try to keep the showers short and run the dishwasher and washing machine at night. Saves on the water bill, too!
  • Compact Fluorescent Bulbs. Almost all our light bulbs are CFBs (except our soul-sucking bathroom vanity lights). This helps us save on the painful electric room.
  • Less driving. I try to combine trips all I can, considering I drive too much for work anyway.
  • Recycling. Especially in MA, where we pay a 5 cent deposit on items like soda and beer. We usually just put the recycling outside (since we have little soda & beer), when we have a bunch we take them to the store for our deposit back.
That's all I can think of right now. This is obviously something we need to work on. I'm sure none of these are revolutionary, but please share any other ways you use. That way we can improve as well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Solid tips! Wish we all did them.