Time, the elusive minx, that, along with love, cannot be bought. Between working 60-70 hours a week, commuting, and housework, I rarely have any time to myself. Unless you count the time alone in the car. I have to squish regular things like laundry and grocery shopping into my schedule, often making my lists or cutting coupons on my breaks at work. Not to be outdone, my husband works 80+ hours a week, so I rarely see him as well. Simple trips to see our families have to be orchestrated weeks in advance so we can clear our schedules - and even then we have to take time off of work.
I know this is being whiny, but I'm leading up to what I would do with more time. In random order, I would
- Work out more (I doubt the gym will recognize me at this point)
- Spend more time with family and friends. And husband.
- Make improvements to my house (nothing drastic, but lots involving paint & elbow grease)
- Elaborate on my hobbies - I love cooking and try to make it exciting, but too often it ends up being hurry-up-and-get-the-food-on-the-table because it's 9pm and we haven't had dinner yet.
- Better maintain my daily tasks instead of leaving the laundry until there are no clean underpants left
- Write more on this little blog thing I've got going on
- Sleep more - 8 hours a night is a once a week occurrence. Unfortunately for the people who know me, I really need 8 hours a night. :)
If you had more time, how would it affect your life? What could you do with a few more hours a week?