Thursday, October 18, 2007

Great Groceries

I usually like to do my grocery shopping on the weekend, so I can take my time and enjoy it (weird, I know). I don't get to do a lot of shopping, so groceries are pretty much it. This past weekend, however, things were a little crazy, so I didn't get to go until Monday nighthic.

At Stop & Shop, I was kicking butt and taking names. I made my list beforehand, including some great sales they had. This week they had chicken breasts for $1.79/lb, pork tenderloin for $1.99/lb and italian sausage for $1.99/lb. I bought a total of $27.97 on meat this week. I saved a total of $19.37 on meat this week. This is why I only buy the meat that is on sale. :)

The other thing that saved my grocery list is I didn't buy any deli meat. All our lunches this week have been leftovers. When I plan ahead like this, it really pays off. We spent $70.56 in groceries this week, which is below our budget 0f $75.00. We're going to end up low in the grocery budget for October (I hope), so I am planning on fudging a little of that in with out fun money (more on that in a later post). My stomach and my freezer are both full and happy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I miss those Stop & Shop deals. That's a great price for chicken. I would just buy more of that, dice it, and cook it up. You could call that your deli meat for about one half the price (per pound). As a bonus you don't get all the sodium that's in deli meat.